Monday, June 16, 2014

EVE-Uni Again

I'm still trying to find something through LS belt ratting. As I wrote previously, I lost my Algos to a clone soldier... Don't rage it me! It was intentional ("Didn't want that Algos anyway!"), in the sense that I could have warped out, but tried to get under his guns and didn't want to bail.

So I switched to a Caracal:

[Caracal, cara]
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Pseudoelectron Containment Field I
Ballistic Control System II

Warp Disruptor II
Medium Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction
Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Scourge Rage Heavy Assault Missile
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Scourge Rage Heavy Assault Missile
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Scourge Rage Heavy Assault Missile
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Scourge Rage Heavy Assault Missile
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Scourge Rage Heavy Assault Missile

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Standard PvE / PvP fit. 431 dps with rage... so looked really good on paper. Fitted one up, and found instantly that its extremely slow at warping and aligning! (Well, at least compared to my Algos). I was checking far less belts than I did with the Algos... But I could confidently kill anything I found (which was nothing!) I'm going to track how many Belts I check, and what I find!

Anyway, after like 20 minutes of not even finding a BS rat, I stumbled upon a clone soldier with 1MM bounty... I was working him down without an issue (of course forgetting to use my two drones) and he was at 50% armor when an  EVE-Uni Ares appears on grid. ("FFS! Is this really happening again!") I spam warp but I seem to be too slow. No idea how as he was 35km when he landed and I can easily warp out in ~6s... Anyway, I'm pointed, I switch dps to the Ares and other Uni frigs land on grid... Had Javelins loaded so was expecting to blap the Ares, but could barely scratch him! ("Here we go!Thank god this is not the Tengu I'm loosing!" Suddenly I swarm of frigs surround me and I've got more ECM lighting up on my display than a christmas tree :) I spam warp so that I can get me pod out. I pop. Warp my pod out and type:
-gf
-gj UNI

They respond with a bunch of GFs and I also see a "sorry about that mate" in local :) I didn't respond, but instead docked up, logged off and went to help my girlfriend look at new laptops!

Previously to loosing the Caracal I was even tempted to take out the Tengu for belt ratting. I would have removed the bling and been using a cov-ops cloak, but I don't want to risk it anymore! I'm back to Algos v2:

[Algos, v2]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Damage Control II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste

Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
[empty med slot]

Anode Light Neutron Particle Cannon I, Antimatter Charge S
Anode Light Neutron Particle Cannon I, Antimatter Charge S
Anode Light Neutron Particle Cannon I, Antimatter Charge S
Anode Light Neutron Particle Cannon I, Antimatter Charge S
Anode Light Neutron Particle Cannon I, Antimatter Charge S
Salvager I

Small Anti-Thermic Pump I
Small Trimark Armor Pump I
Small Anti-Kinetic Pump I

Hammerhead II x2
Hobgoblin II x3


Don't really like the fit! Hate having an extra mid slot open... This is designed for serpentis ratting, as the rigs suggest... Plan is to MWD till I get under the clone soldier's guns and have the AAR until I can mitigate the damage. Anyone got suggestions on this? Haven't read anywhere, but how tanky are those now Mordu rats?

ps:
I will be traveling to Rome on Saturday evening and coming back on Tuesday! This post will get published on Monday, should hopefully have time to write the Wednesday post too :) Wish me good luck for the flight! I am totally terrified of taking off. Anyone I travel with starts laughing like crazy at the whole "show" I do when we take off :)
ps2:
First "real" comment on the blog. First one was sorta "forced" via me contacting Pilgrim in Exile. Hope he doesn't take it the wrong way, I'm still honored to be on his blog roll!
The first comment came from Sugar Kyle! If you play EVE and don't know Sugar than you are either living under a rock or have just subbed like 30mins ago (I've read she hangs out in rookie chat so no excuse no to know her!)
I was totally shocked when I saw that she commented on my Incursion post. I was at work and instantly told the guy sitting next to me! Acted like a little girl who just got a pony :D
Gonna reply to her comment now!
No idea how she found the blog though :)

Fly on!

New terms updated on the EVE explained page:

LS - Low security space
belt - asteroid belts where NPCs (rats) spawn and can be killed for bounty and loot. You can also mine the asteroids
Ratting - Killing NPCs (red crossed on your overview) for bounty and loot.
BS - Battleship
Javelin - T2 missiles that have longer range, do less dps and are designed to be used against small tragets.
bling - expensive modules that are usually cost a lot of ISK but only improve your ship's performance marginally.
AAR - Ancillary Armor Repairer. Uses Nanite paste as charges and reps a lot more than normal armor repairers. When it runs out of charges it can still rep, but only about 70% of that a normal repairer.

4 comments:

  1. I use a Cynabal myself. I like to have a kiting non-commited belt ratter in low sec. Caracal works too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey,
      Thanks!
      I will play around with Cynabal fits in EFT... Gonna go give the Algos a try too :)

      Delete
  2. I've used a caracal for clone soldiers, it worked ok. From what I've heard about the Mordus rats, the BS is a tough cookie - be wary if you find him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Might try the Caracal again! I have just lost my Algos v2, after engaging a Vexor in a belt :)

      Delete